Your home is likely your biggest asset. When you’re going through a divorce, you’ll be dealing with dividing it. You have a couple of options for doing this, which include:
- Selling the house, either through a real estate agent, for sale by owner or for cash.
- Keeping the house and buying out your spouse’s ownership, either now or in the future.
- Co-owning the house with your spouse.
In many instances, selling the house makes the most sense. Let’s review your options for selling it, and which one can be done the most quickly.
Sell Your House for Cash
This is the fastest way to sell your house. Here’s how it works with Sell Now Iowa. We buy homes for cash in Des Moines, with no contingencies attached.
- Our experience team will visit your home for a brief, low-stress meeting.
- We’ll walk through your home, take pictures and go over your options. We buy houses as-is, so you won’t worry about having to fix anything before selling.
- You’ll receive a guaranteed, no-obligation cash offer within 24 hours.
When you work with us, there’s no rush or pressure. You can take your time to think over our offer, and we’ll be available to answer any questions.
If you decide to accept our offer, we’ll begin preparing for closing. Sell Now Iowa handles the process in-house to ensure a smooth closing. That way, you can move on with your life faster.
Sell Your House Through a Real Estate Agent
This is the most traditional way to sell your house. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when working with a real estate agent:
- You’re not guaranteed a fast sale, or even a sale at all. How quickly your home sells depends on the market.
- Closing can take a long time, especially if your buyer needs to sell their house first.
- There can be strings attached to closing, which include paying out-of-pocket costs for major repairs.
- You’ll have to pay your agent a commission, which is typically 5-6% of the sales price.
Sell Your House Yourself
For sale by owner is a popular way to sell your house, as it skips the expense of a real estate agent.
- It’s often less expensive than working with an agent, but you’ll need help. Most home sellers often hire a company that charges a flat fee for photography, online listings, appraisal and attorney services.
- A lot of the same points apply when you work with a real estate agent: a sale might take time and can involve expensive contingencies.
Sell Your House Fast with Sell Now Iowa
We understand just how stressful it can be to sell your home during divorce. Our team is experienced and professional, but we’re also caring and genuine. We make selling your house easy, because we want you to move on as quickly as possible.
When you need to sell your house fast in Des Moines, Sell Now Iowa is here to help. Give us a call at 515-531-2274 today to request your cash offer.